Our hearts and prayers go out to the families of Newtown, Connecticut, especially those who have lost a child. Let us pray for God’s peace to be present with them even the midst of this terrible tragedy.
We will have a moment of prayer for these families during our Blue Christmas Service this evening (Dec. 16, 5pm).
- For prayers of intercession from the ELCA, click here
- And here is another poignant prayer by a Jesuit priest
- And a prayer that incorporates many scriptures of lament.
- For some advice from Mr. Rogers and LaVar Burton (Reading Rainbow) about talking with children about death, listen to this radio story.
- For more about talking with children about what they see and hear on the media, this is another good resource.
Let light perpetual shine upon them, O God, our hope and our salvation.