Shrove Tuesday, Fasnacht, Marti Gras, Fat Tuesday, Carnival, Pancake Tuesday…whatever you call it, it’s coming up this Tuesday!
Grab a friend and come join us to celebrate and prepare to enter into the season of Lent.
Here are the details: Tuesday, February 9, 6-8pm at IHOP. There will be a section reserved in the front for St. Lukers- each person or family will order and pay on their own.
- Alleluia coloring sheets for the kids.
- Mini-devotions to share at your table.
- Marti gras beads and decorations.
- Fun and uplifting conversation (you provide!)
- And of course…all you can eat pancakes!
Please RSVP if you are able to email@example.com so we can get a count. Come even if you can’t RSVP though!
This change in location is due to low planning time, because of a very early Lenten season and Pastor Kate’s recent leave; we hope you’ll take the risk and join us in a new spot!
Daily devotional emails to help center your heart and mind on Christ this Lenten season written by Lutheran pastors across the country, including Pastor Kate Costa. Sign up here. (Form is on the bottom left side of the webpage)
Due to severe weather, this Sunday’s 10 a.m. worship service is cancelled. We pray for the safety and warmth of all during this storm.
Sign up now to receive daily devotionals emailed to your inbox!
Mid-week Advent services, Wednesdays at 7pm:
Dec. 2- Advent Wreath Making- Take home a wonderful way to center your holiday in prayer and worship
Dec. 9- Chrismon Tree Decorating- Join us in the Sanctuary to put up the tree and greens
Dec. 16- Christmas Hymn Sing- Bring your favorites for a joyous sing-a-long!
St. Luke Lutheran Church is seeking to hire a part-time nursery attendant for Sunday morning care and currently accepting applications. Please see the position description here for more information.
Sunday Morning- 9am-9:45am- Beginning Sept. 20
- Children Age 3-5th Grade- Room 403-Interactive Bible Stories through drama, arts, science and music
- Confirmation– 6th-8th Grade- Room 402
- Youth- 9th-12th Grade- Room 201
- Adult Sunday School– An in-depth look at the Sunday worship lessons to deepen your worship- Room 302
- Women’s Sunday School– Real life topics for busy women- Room 404
Tuesday Morning- Led by Spiritual Care Support Ministry
Spiritual Care Support Ministries will begin a Bible Study on September 28th at 10am at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church. Chaplain Liz will be facilitating a Bible Study for 10 weeks called, “God will make a way” (What to do when you don’t know what to do) The study book that we will use was written by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. I will be available for counseling until 2:30pm on Mondays following the Bible Study.
- Animate: Bible– A refreshing new take on what the Bible is, how it came to be, and how we read it today. Room 302. Noon-12:50p. Optional Animate Journal- $15. Sept. 17- Oct. 29
- ACTS– A program of the Virginia Synod to take your study to the next level. Fall Class on Lutheran Confessions. Saturday Sessions in Waynesboro, Sept. 26 and Nov. 7th. For more information see: http://www.vasynod.org/ministries/acts/
12th Sunday after Pentecost
August 16, 2015
Pastor Kate Costa
Jesus Christ is the bread of life. He is our manna, come down from heaven. And this morning we hear him proclaim, “Those who eat of my flesh and drink of my blood will have eternal life.”
Do you remember the book Tuck Everlasting? I read it in elementary school, just when I was starting to realize that I wouldn’t stay young forever. I was getting ready, like our many children who gathered around the altar last week, to start a new year and move up to the middle school. I was excited about the change, but at the same time it seemed like it would be nice to stay at Greendale Elementary School forever, with the kids that I had grown up with, the playground equipment that was familiar, and no pesky new locker combinations to memorize. All the same.
Let’s kick off the new school year with fun and fellowship!
Aug. 23 – Youth Pool Party – Noon – 4:30 $3 fee for pizza & soda
Culpeper Recreation Club 13163 Recreation Rd. Culpeper, VA 22701
6th-12th graders- friends welcome too!
Please R.S.V.P. to Lori or Pastor Kate (firstname.lastname@example.org)